Do you realise that, as a former student of Christ Church, you have experience, skills, resources and contacts that can really help students? We are immensely grateful to alumni who offer these resources to Christ Church in a range of voluntary activities, making an invaluable contribution to the life of the University.
What can I do?
There are lots of ways you could help Christ Church and its students including:
- talking to prospective students at open days;
- providing testimonials about studying at Christ Church, either in print or on video;
- contributing to lectures or University conferences;
- responding to prospective students’ posts on social media;
- participating in focus groups or helping with University research;
- mentoring students;
- talking to students about your experience of the world of work;
- providing students with work experiences opportunities;
- offering specialist industry advice which will help in developing the curriculum.
The time commitment doesn’t have to be outfacing and, where activities require particular skills or knowledge, training can be given.
View our current volunteering opportunities now.
A great example
Alumna Emma Brice is a fantastic example of how easily alumni can help current students. Sometimes, it is just a case of being in the right place at the right time.
Securing voluntary work experience for students
If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering to support the Christ Church and its students, email us now.