Graduation at Medway – February 2019
Congratulations on completing your course! When you successfully conclude your studies, we welcome you to another part of the University community: our ever growing network of former students (formally known as “alumni”).
For many students, this transition is celebrated very obviously in a graduation ceremony and leaving University is a huge step. This is particularly the case if you have come to Christ Church straight from school. If you came to University later in life, or your course isn’t followed by a graduation event, the transition out of University may be more subtle. Nevertheless, however it happens, as you become one of our alumni, there are a number of things you need to know.
The Alumni Hub – your new “go to” place
While you were at the University, you will have been directed to key services such as Portal and ï-zone to find out the things you needed to know. As a former student, your “go to” place for all University news and information is this Alumni Hub. Use the Hub to:
- access University discounts and retail benefits available to you as a Christ Church alumnus;
- request references and replacement transcripts;
- find out details of events and reunions;
- post news about what you are doing and hear from other alumni;
- access the latest Christ Church news, comment and debate;
- discover how you can remain actively involved with Christ Church as one of our alumni volunteers, supporting prospective and current students and staff;
- see and comment on archive photos and videos of Christ Church, as well as posting photos of your own.
You can choose to access the Hub on an ongoing basis, or set alerts to get notifications when items that are of specific interest to you are posted.
Access University services you enjoyed as a student
We continue to offer you:
- careers support, including lifetime access to The CORE and up to three years personal support after you leave;
- discounted access to the University’s sports facilities and the Library;
- discounts on University accommodation;
- continuing discounts from the University Bookshop (online ordering service available).
Help to achieve higher level qualifications
We offer former students discounts on a range of Christ Church Postgraduate Taught and Research Masters and also some of our teacher training courses. Find out about offers on postgraduate study.
If you have any further queries on what it means to be an alumnus of Christ Church, or any other questions, please also don’t hesitate to contact the Alumni Team.
*Please be aware that approximately 15 months after you leave, the University is required by law to provide the most-up-to-date details it holds on you to the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA). This is to enable them to survey all graduates regarding their employment (or enrolment to further study) post-qualification. The University will therefore, attempt to contact you around five to six months after you qualify and again about 12 months after qualification to confirm your current contact details.