References and replacement certificates

The certificates and / or transcripts you received when you qualified from Christ Church are important documents that you should keep. You may be required to show them to employers or other educational providers in future.

Replacement documents

The University’s Student Records Team is responsible for the provision of duplicate or replacement copies of transcripts or certificates. Please note that there is a charge for this service and orders can be placed via the University’s online shop. Due to lock-down arising from the Covid-19 crisis, staff of this Team are currently working from home. This means that there will be a delay in the production and posting of any ordered documents.

The Team is not able to issue electronic copies of award documentation directly to students.

The Team may be able to provide electronic copies of award documentation directly to a third party (for example, another University, employer, professional body etc) in an exceptional situation. If you feel that your request is an exceptional case, please contact the Student Records Team (using the button below) providing the following information and they will review your request:

  • Your full name at the time of study and date of birth
  • Your programme of study and year of completion
  • The reason for the request
  • The organisation requesting this documentation
  • The document(s) required; academic transcript (containing module marks and award classification only), extended transcript (an academic transcript also including details on programme and module content), or certificate.

If you are a current student visiting this site, or have recently completed your studies and have not yet received your original transcript or certificate, please do not use these services. You cannot order duplicates until your original transcript/certificate has been produced.

More infomation about ordering duplicate documentation.

Academic and character references

Christ Church can provide character references if the members of staff who taught you are still employed here. 

If you require an academic reference to support applications for further study, please email written permission (to comply with GDPR legislation), a company email address, and all relevant forms to the i-zone using the button below. Alternatively, you can contact i-zone on telephone: 01227 922222.

References for employment undertaken whist studying

For references relating to employment undertaken through UniTemps or JobShop whilst you studied at Christ Church, please contact UniTemps by telephone: 01227 922204, or email: