Vacancies with third party organisations
Helpdesk Support Agent, Remote/Kent
Watermelon research provides market research for many well-known brands such as Barclay’s and Saga. As such they are real experts in customer experience and establishing what customer’s want to drive business change. The company have offices in central London and an imminent Kent Hub and the role will be remote and/or Kent based.
The successful candidate, reporting to the Director of Operations, will be working on the Watermelon helpdesk to assist clients with their queries as and when they come in mainly via email. You will join a close-knit team which works to improve customer experience by working together collaboratively. Your main Accountabilities will include:
- Acting as one of the main day-to-day assistants on key client account helpdesks
- Handling and processing of data files in Excel
- Monitoring of automated processes for completion and accuracy within bespoke market research software
- Liaising with colleagues, clients and third-party suppliers as part of project delivery
- Checking of online survey scripts for accuracy against questionnaires
- Checking of data sets for consistency and logic
- Working alongside the scripting team to support on any ad-hoc or ongoing technical project requirements
- Assisting with other administrative tasks when required.
The role is being advertised via GradForce and if you would like further information or have any queries, please contact GradForce direct.
To apply, please send tailored CVs only to GradForce. The application deadline is 15 October 2021. However applications will be considered when received and the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
Please visit our Career Support pages for more information about GradForce and how to register.
CGI Video Animation Graduate, Ashford, Kent
Formed in 2007, the Wow Factory is a fully integrated creative, design, digital and strategic marketing agency. They serve many clients across the UK and abroad in locations such as Morocco, Granada and New York. With a unique approach to marketing, this business is known for being fun and honest and pride themselves on bringing fresh eyes to each client.
As a CGI Video Animation Graduate, you will be responsible for developing and creating CGI Video content for the agency’s clients. Working within the close-knit team at Wow, you will be supported by your colleagues and have fresh ideas and approaches encouraged. With a foot in the door to an established local agency, this is a job for the future being support for two-years to develop and hone your skills. You will work closely with fellow creatives to both learn and collaborate with. In order to be successful for this role, please see the below preferred requirements:
- Graphic design experience
- Experience with 3Ds Max preferred
- Experience with V-Ray render engine
- Experience with Photoshop (plus InDesign, Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledge of video production software preferable (Premiere Pro and After Effects)
- Must be able to work well within a small team, willing to learn, adapt, and work to deadlines.
Salary: £24 – £26,000, rising to £30,000 after the completion of a two-year graduate programme.
To apply, please send tailored CVs and a Cover Letter to Simon Clubley at the Wow Factory. Applications will be considered when received and the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
Social Media Executive, Remote/Ashford
The Recruitment Network are seeking a Social Media Executive. The company is an intentionally remote business, working from home full time, but getting together for team meetings and any excuse for a social. Ideally the new recruit will be local-ish to the Ashford area with a space at home suitable for focus and productivity.
Working across the whole business you will need to ensure the smooth and efficient running of The Recruitment Network from a social media (and overall marketing) perspective to enable the company to achieve its strategic vision for 2021. This will include:
Social media strategy and planning
- Develop content calendar, campaign plans and manage social media accounts
- Schedule and post social media content (including tagging stakeholders etc)
- Market events, summits, ad-hoc sessions through social media
- Push partner content to social
- Report across all channels’ performance
- Finding new ways to grow, stimulate and engage our community
- Always look for ways to improve quality and performance
- Thinking about how we to streamline and improve ways of working.
Company’s wider marketing activity
- Maintain and update TRN Website, publish partner blogs and content
- Assist with creation of workflows and email campaigns
- Create event landing pages and additional assets
This role will be central to the business and will require you to liaise and work closely with other members of the wider team and will include:
- Personal organisation and time management
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
Salary: £22,000 to 24,000, Remote working
For more information about the role and how to apply visit The Recruitment Network. For any queries, please email Ioana James.
Lecturing positions at EKC Group, across East Kent
As one of region’s key employers, EKC Group offers a diverse range of job opportunities at its locations across East Kent. If you are a recent graduate with an interest in becoming a teacher, or if you have industry experience in a subject specialism and would like to change careers, Lecturing may be for you. Lecturing offers a rewarding pathway with opportunities for continual professional development and career progression.
As an organisation passionate about enhancing access to careers in education, prior teaching experience isn’t necessary when you apply for a Lecturing position at EKC Group. New Lecturers without prior teaching experience are supported to develop the skills needed to become a confident and effective teacher through the Group’s ‘Teacher Academy’ – a specialist professional development programme and mentorship scheme designed to support you through the early stages of your Lecturing career.
Those new to teaching, will also receive support to achieve an accredited teacher training qualification.
For more information about careers at EKC Group, and to view their current vacancies, visit careers.ekcgroup.ac.uk
Content Development Administrator, Dartford, Kent, Flexible/Remote
Bertshi Training Progamme
The Bertschi Training Programme is a unique opportunity for professional development within the logistics industry.
Bertschi offer a 12-month program for university graduates that will prepare you for a future role in one of their business units.
Bertschi are looking for graduates with a University Degree or HF (Higher Technical School graduates), interested in the logistics industry, with the aim of generating sustainable, efficient and cost-effective transport solutions for Bertschi’s global clients.
Further information can be found on the Bertschi website Career pages or contact Rahel Cabrera at Bertschi.
English Teaching Abroad
Opportunities for teaching English overseas are available with English First (EF).
EF was founded in 1965 in Sweden and is one of the world’s leading privately owned education companies. EF English First, a division of EF, has more than 400 English First schools across China, Indonesia and Russia. With an academic team of more than 3000 teachers, EF English First is currently recruiting graduates for English teaching positions abroad.
Secure a confirmed job offer now and start later in the year, for a once in a lifetime experience that you will never forget. You do not need to have any previous teaching experience or speak the local language. Full training and support will be provided helping you build transferable skills and creating a lifetime of memories.
Vacancies with Unitemps
Unitemps is the University’s in-house recruitment agency, available to students and alumni.
Junior PR Associate – Part Time (16-21 hours per week), Canterbury/Dover/Remote working
We have a fantastic opportunity for a recent graduate to develop their skills and experience in PR. The role is on a part time basis and could lead to a graduate opportunity in the future. As a member of our PR team, you will be responsible for day-to-day delivery of our core public relations services, helping to tell our clients’ stories in an engaging way and working with our senior management team to provide great value services that deliver exceptional results.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with our senior team and our clients to tell stories in creative, engaging ways that resonate with journalists and the general public
- Ensure activity on behalf of clients feeds into the media agenda by contributing to media horizon-scanning and trend monitoring
- Contribute ideas toward development of proposals and campaign plans for existing and prospective clients
- Handle day-to-day media enquiries as part of a busy team, which provides outsourced in hours and out-of-hours PR support for clients
- Effectively engage with national, regional and specialist media across the UK under the direction of our senior team
- Support the senior team with arranging and managing events on behalf of clients and for the agency
- Work with our senior team to support issues management activities on behalf of our clients and offer solutions that help grow understanding of our clients’ work
- Proactively identify opportunities to tell stories on behalf of our clients by effectively horizon-scanning, building relationships with key journalists and managing external requests
- Create compelling copy and visual content to help drive media coverage
- Participate in continuous professional development schemes to drive best practice within the team
Skills and experience:
- Willingness to learn and to pursue continuous professional development
- Passion for PR, the media and current affairs
- One to two years of experience in public relations, communications or journalism or a relevant qualification
- The ability to build excellent relationships with people across all levels of an organisation and with media contacts
- Knowledge of PR and marketing theory and the ability to contribute to the development of creative projects across all digital and print channels
- Strong social media and digital skills
- Excellent organisational, communication and creative skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- Experience working to tight deadlines.
To view all current positions please check on the Unitemps website.
Vacancies at Christ Church
Recruitment Coordinator – Full Time, Permanent
Reference: REQ02564 • Application closing date: 27/10/2021
Salary: £22,254 – £24,174 per annum
Ensuring that our recruitment needs are met swiftly, efficiently and cost-effectively by overseeing processes and driving best practice, you will provide professional guidance at every stage of recruitment. Partnering with the recruiting department on campaign timelines and advertising strategy, you will be working in a team to ensure that each stage is delivered to a high quality from job description and advert development through to offers, contract and on-boarding.
At an exciting point in the delivery of the University’s People Strategy, this role also involves an opportunity to contribute to project work to help shape the future of resourcing and innovative recruitment practice at Canterbury Christ Church University. With a focus on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion you will be working closely with other teams to implement positive changes within the Recruitment process.
Working as part of a team will be important to you, and you will enjoy both managing your own workloads and working with other team members to ensure the broader workloads are covered and excellence in customer service maintained. You will be detail orientated with solid experience of administration and, ideally, a broad experience of recruiting for positions at every level, you will be able to demonstrate highly developed interpersonal and IT skills.
Graduate Trainee (Fundraising) – Full Time, 2 year fixed term role
Reference: REQ02469 • Application closing date: 24/10/2021
Salary: £18,278 – £19,623 per annum
The Graduate Trainee (Fundraising) will work closely with and support a new Head of Fundraising to establish and deliver a new Fundraising function and strategy for the University. The post will require flexibility and the ability to work with staff across the University at all levels and in all areas, as well as to support and carry out effective communication with external stakeholders, businesses and our Alumni as potential philanthropic givers and sponsors for University activity.
The post will offer the opportunity to gain wide-ranging experience of the University, the higher education sector, and of professional fundraising. A training and support package will be discussed with the successful candidate to mutually align with and support the post holder’s and the University’s ambitions.
You will be educated to degree level and have experience of designing resources for a range of media including reports, presentations and social media. You will understand how to conduct effective research, including through direct engagement with stakeholders and using and analysing various sources of secondary data. You will have previous experience in a customer service-oriented or stakeholder-related environment, as well as previous experience of working in a team, and across teams. Previous experience of project management would also be advantageous.
To view all current positions please check on the Christ Church website (Search under title or reference).